Emergency Department Technicians (EDTs) play a vital role in actively supporting the medical team in today’s hospitals, and the role continues to expand in light of staffing shortages and increased emergency department volumes. The Emergency Department Technician Handbook is a reliable, comprehensive resource in this increasingly important field, filling a timely need in EDT workforce development for both technicians and educators. Concise, readable text, along with high-quality clinical photos and a video library that depict procedures and patient positioning, make this new handbook a must-have resource in every emergency department.
- Provides quick, convenient access to practical guidance and everyday answers in an easy-to-read outline format.
- Discusses key topics such as patient flow and assessment in the ED, triage, and point-of-care testing.
- Advises on best practices for wound care, including cleansing, dressing, and splinting a wound as well as how to set up a suture tray and advanced wound care techniques.
- Covers essential imaging-based procedures, including the use of ultrasound-guided IV.
- Features a companion video library with a range of clips depicting how to perform procedures and patient examinations in real time.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.