Unparalleled in scope and content, Surgical Pathology of the GI Tract, Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas provides the most relevant and up-to-date clinical, etiologic, molecular, and therapeutic management information for surgical pathologists in training and in practice. The fully revised 4th Edition of this award-winning title offers a wealth of information in this fast-changing field, including recent advances in molecular biology and immunohistochemistry, in a clearly written, well-structured manner that is easy to read and navigate. This one-stop reference for the entire gastrointestinal system enables you to improve turnaround time when diagnosing a specimen and to clearly report on the prognosis and therapeutic management options to surgical and medical colleagues.
- Covers the latest developments in molecular technologies and immunohistochemical markers to provide useful diagnostic and prognostic information and inform therapeutic decisions.
- Provides all the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup, including data from ancillary techniques and molecular findings whenever appropriate.
- Incorporates more than 3000 high-quality color illustrations to help you recognize and diagnose any tissue sample under the microscope.
- Reviews next-generation sequencing (NGS) to help identify targetable mutations in gastrointestinal tract tumors and provide more accurate classification and precision therapies.
- Features extensive tables, graphs, and flowcharts to help you effectively grasp complex topics and streamline your decision-making.
- Helps you avoid diagnostic errors with practical advice on pitfalls in differential diagnosis.
- Incorporates the latest WHO guidelines throughout.
- Winner of the 2015 BMA Medical Book Awards First Prize Award in Pathology.