The ultimate all-in-one guide to diagnosing and treating skin cancer
A Doody’s Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE!
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“This excellent comprehensive book covers all types of skin cancer, their clinical presentation, the genetic alterations leading to particular tumors, and treatment. The clinical color photographs for the most part are of fine quality. The histology is shown side by side with the clinical findings. Shaded summary boxes highlight the salient points for those who wish a quick read through the book….Everyone will enjoy the thorough coverage of the diagnosis and management of skin cancer in this book. I highly recommend it be purchased by any physician caring for patients with skin cancer. The abundant illustrations are of high quality.”—Doody’s Review Service
“This all-inclusive textbook contains the most comprehensive, up-to-date and detailed information on any topic related to skin cancer….It could serve as the main resource for any physician for years to come.”—Perry Robins, MD, President, Skin Cancer Foundation (from the foreword)
Comprehensive in scope, yet precise in its approach, this superbly illustrated text is a must-have clinical companion for any dermatology practice. Skin Cancer carefully takes you through every important step in the diagnosis and clinical management of skin cancer conditions.
Skin Cancer begins with an incisive discussion of both normal and aging skin, and the incidences and causes of skin cancer. Next, you’ll get a thorough look at all types of skin cancer—followed by a section on treating cancer in various patient populations, including non-white populations, children, and pregnant women. The book concludes with in-depth sections on skin cancer prevention—covering critical topics such as skin cancer vaccines and chemoprevention of skin cancer—in addition to the medicolegal and economic issues related to skin cancer.
- The complete A-to-Z guide to skin cancer, offering a clear understanding of skin cancer epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, future directions, and medicolegal and psychosocial aspects
- More than 450 illustrations
- State-of-the-art coverage of biopsy techniques, dermoscopy and mole mapping, surgical excision, reconstructive surgery of eye lid cancers and skin cancer defects, and more
- Consistent outlines of chapters within a section that summarize chapter material
- Key points that introduce the start of each major section within a chapter
- Numerous easy-to-use tables and boxes