Provides an understanding of the theory of coaching and mentoring with practical applications within the field of dentistry
Practical Applications of Coaching and Mentoring in Dentistry offers a comprehensive overview of the theory of coaching and mentoring as it applies to the field of dentistry.
The book includes practical case studies that demonstrate how dental professionals have implemented coaching and mentoring into their daily practice. Grouped into themes such as remediation, foundation training, outreach training, and specialist practice, it also explains the coaching and mentoring techniques chosen and applied. Core topics include:
- A thorough introduction to the mechanics of mentoring
- The characteristics of typical mentors, mentoring engagements and the different types of mentoring
- What mentoring can achieve
- An exploration of business coaching, including the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Discussions of the various types of models used within mentoring and coaching
Promoting the importance of coaching and mentoring, Practical Applications of Coaching and Mentoring in Dentistry highlights the positive impact and benefits, and is a valuable resource for dental professionals, dental organisations, and local dental committees.