At last―a single, convenient reference on this interventional pain management technique, covering all recent advances in this fast-changing field. Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: A Comprehensive Guide is a one-stop resource offering practical guidance on performing a wide array of pain-relieving procedures using office-based ultrasound-guided techniques, fluoroscopy, and more. Concise and user-friendly, this easy-to-use guide helps physicians deliver safe, accurate, and cost-effective care by demonstrating how to evaluate the causes of pain, identify the most promising stimulation technique, locate the site with precision, and provide effective pain relief.
- Offers clear guidance on peripheral nerve stimulation procedures for patients with chronic pain, incorporating all clinically useful imaging modalities.
- Illustrates the anatomical targets for each procedure and the appropriate placement of wireless micro devices.
- Presents information in an easy-to-follow, consistent format: anatomy; diagnosis by history, exam, imaging, and diagnostic block; indications for PNS; contraindications for PNS; and techniques.
- Provides superb visual guidance with clinically relevant anatomic drawings, color line drawings, clinical photographs, and ultrasound images.
- Discusses the risks and benefits of each procedure, highlights potential pitfalls, and offers clinical pearls on how to avoid them.