- NEW! Sex and gender content clarifies important gender considerations and reflects an equitable focus on female as well as male anatomy.
- Updated medical imaging and integrated surface anatomy within each chapter clearly demonstrates the relationship between anatomy, physical examination, and diagnosis.
- Extensively revised Clinical Blue Boxes highlight the practical applications of anatomy, accompanied by helpful icons, illustrations, and images that distinguish the type of clinical information covered.
- Updated introduction establishes the foundational understanding of systemic information and basic concepts essential to success from the classroom to the dissection lab.
- Revised comprehensive surface anatomy photographs ensure accurate, effective physical examination diagnoses with integrated natural views of unobstructed surface anatomy and illustrations superimposing anatomical structures with landmarks for more accurate physical examination.
- Insightfully rendered, anatomically accurate illustrations, combined with many photographs and medical images, strengthen comprehension of anatomical concepts and retention of “mental images” of anatomical structures.
- Bottom Line boxes provide detailed summaries at a glance and underscore the “big-picture” perspective.
- Illustrated tables clarify complex information about muscles, veins, arteries, nerves, and other structures for easy study and review.
- Chapter outlines help students find key information quickly and efficiently.
Additional online resources:
- NEW! 20 BioDigital 3D tours provide an ideal self-study experience, allowing students to peel away layers, rotate models, zoom, fade, and test their knowledge with 3D quizzes.
- More than 100 interactive clinical vignette multiple-choice questions and answers provide valuable self-test opportunities for exam review.
- Over 140 case studies with questions and explanations engage students in the clinical application process of anatomic principles.
Lippincott® Connect features:
- Full access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, audio and video tutorials, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott® Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.