India Migration Report 2022 is one of the first volumes to focus comprehensively on Indian health professionals’ migration. The essays in the volume discuss the reasons, challenges and opportunities that daunt and prompt health professionals to migrate within and outside India.
• Explores the history of migration of health professionals, especially nurses from India;
• Focuses in economic and social drivers of migration among health professionals;
• Examines shifting patterns in migration as well as emergence of new destinations for migrants;
• Studies the economic and social impact of COVID-19 among migrant health professionals;
• Highlights the influence of remittances on rural economies in India.
Timely, data-driven and drawing on exhaustive fieldwork, the volume looks at Indian health professionals in North America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and South Asia. It will be of interest to scholars and researchers of development studies, public health, public policy, economics, demography, sociology and social anthropology, and migration and diaspora studies.