Authored by experienced radiologists and surgeons, Imaging in Abdominal Surgery, by Drs. Michael P. Federle and James Lau, is a unique reference specially tailored to meet the needs of today’s general surgeons. This one-stop resource provides high-quality visual information to help guide clinical diagnosis, surgical planning, and postoperative evaluation. Ideal for surgeons at all levels of expertise, it contains pertinent cross-sectional imaging anatomy as well as the principles underlying the optimal selection of imaging modalities and protocols.
- Provides thorough coverage of abdominal radiology especially relevant to general surgeons, including important diagnoses, radiology background and terminology, normal imaging anatomy, and easy-to-understand captions with just the right amount of detail
- Covers key topics such as imaging evaluation of blunt and penetrating trauma, imaging evaluation of the “acute abdomen,” and optimal pre- and postoperative evaluation for esophageal cancer, bariatric, and antireflux surgery
- Features a consistent, bulleted format highlighted by abundant multi-modality images of the adult GI tract, all designed for quick reference at the point of care
- Details how to choose among different imaging tests in evaluating specific clinical situations, including the strengths and weaknesses of those tests
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.