- Enhanced content in all chapters from the previous edition with up-to-date information beneficial to all health care providers and students
- Updates to the universal objectives to complement the content in the chapters focused on medical disorders
- Abstracts for each online chapter providing concise introductory material focused on key features of each chapter.
- Up-to-date content on nonprescription medications including indications, dosages, interactions, current evidence, medical conditions and prescription to nonprescription reclassifications
- Quick-reference tools such as treatment algorithms (including exclusions for self-treatment), drug product tables, patient education sidebars, and product administration illustrations
- Two new comprehensive patient cases for each disorder-related chapter
- Concise Key Points section at the end of each disorder-related chapter, summarizing critical information