Ideally suited for those clinicians who have already mastered basic principles, The Practice of Clinical Echocardiography, 6th Edition, provides expert guidance on interpreting echocardiographic images and Doppler flow data. Through practical, clear, and carefully edited content, world-renowned expert Dr. Catherine M. Otto and her team of more than 65 leaders in echocardiography demonstrate how to apply advanced knowledge to daily clinical decision making. Newly reorganized sections cover advanced principles for the echocardiographer, best practices for echocardiography laboratories, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, intraoperative and interventional echocardiography, and point-of-care cardiac ultrasound.
- Provides an in-depth, clear, and concise review of the latest clinical applications of echocardiography with an advanced level of discussion, now thoroughly updated with new clinical knowledge, new treatments and guidelines, the latest evidence, and innovations in advanced echocardiographic imaging.
- Reviews the technical aspects of data acquisition and analysis with an emphasis on outcomes.
- Covers key topics such as transcatheter interventions for valvular heart disease, prosthetic valve dysfunction, the athletic heart, cardiac assist devices, cardio-oncology, heart disease in pregnancy, advanced 3D echocardiography, strain imaging, stress echocardiography, and much more.
- Includes updated illustrations throughout―nearly 1,000 echocardiograms, Doppler tracings, anatomic drawings, and flow charts for diagnostic approaches―as well as hundreds of echo video clips keyed to images in the text.
- Discusses limitations, pitfalls, and alternate approaches.
- Features chapter summary boxes with new “Quick Reviews and a practical approach to echocardiographic data acquisition, measurement, and interpretation.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access bonus images plus all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.