The gold-standard in imaging, Merrill’s Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 14th Edition, is revised to fit the image of the modern curriculum. This thoroughly updated text has been reorganized to emphasize all procedures found on the ARRT Radiography Exam and in the ASRT Radiography curriculum. Separate chapters for each bone group and organ system enables you to learn cross-section anatomy along with anatomical anatomy – helping you make more accurate diagnoses. All outdated material has been removed and specialized content has been updated and moved to chapters more relevant to modern practice. With more than 400 projections, Merrill’s is not just the most widely used imaging text, but the most comprehensive radiographic positioning product on the market!
- Comprehensive, full-color coverage of anatomy and positioning
- the most in-depth text and reference available for radiography students and practitioners.
- Frequently performed essential projections identified with a special icon to help you focus on what you need to know as an entry-level radiographer.
- Summary of Pathology table now includes common male reproductive system pathologies.
- Coverage of common and unique positioning procedures includes special chapters on trauma, surgical radiography, geriatrics/pediatrics, and bone densitometry, to help prepare you for the full scope of situations you will encounter.
- Collimation sizes and other key information are provided for each relevant projection.
- Numerous CT and MRI images enhance comprehension of cross-sectional anatomy and help in preparing for the Registry examination.
- UPDATED! Positioning photos show current digital imaging equipment and technology.
- Summary tables provide quick access to projection overviews, guides to anatomy, pathology tables for bone groups and body systems, and exposure technique charts
- Bulleted lists provide clear instructions on how to correctly position the patient and body part when performing procedures.
- NEW! Updated content in text
- reflects continuing evolution of digital image technology
- NEW! Updated positioning photos illustrate the current digital imaging equipment and technology (lower limb, scoliosis, pain management, swallowing dysfunction).
- NEW! Added digital radiographs provide greater contrast resolution for improved visualization of pertinent anatomy.
- NEW! Revised positioning techniques reflect the latest ASRT standards.